Brisbane is celebrating Plastic Free July!
Join us here at Wandering Cooks on Saturday 6 July and find out how you can reduce plastic waste in our city.
There will be mutilple workshops you can enjoy, a panel discussion to listen to, a community art project to take part in and more.
Here’s exactly what we’ve got going on.
• A panel discussion – learn what government and local businesses are doing to minimise plastic waste in Brisbane.
• Three workshops – learn how to make your own plastic free products –
Workshops cost between $10-$20 and are proudly subsidised by Brisbane City Council, as part of Councils involvement in Plastic Free July. https://www.plasticfreejuly.org/
DIY cleaning products
DIY Beeswax wraps
• Community art project
Drop in between 11am – 3pm for a fun and engaging art making session with environmental artist Tony Rice. Collaborate with friends and family to transform everyday household plastic into a colourful, nature inspired artwork! (suitable for children and adults)
• Markets and information stands, featuring local businesses:
– Plastic Free West End
– Marcia’s on Montague
– The Source Bulk Foods
– Brisbane Tool Library
– Boomerang Bags
– Positive Change For Marine Life
– Wild Search Australia
– UQ Unwrapped
• You can also sign up to the Plastic Free July challenge