In the past few years, we have been demonstrating “how to make Miso” to satisfy people’s curiosity, but this year, we are hosting a “Hands-On” Miso making workshop!
In this workshop, you will be making about 500g of rice Miso using locally produced organic ingredients.
Come and experience the whole process of Miso making. Making Miso is a very simple process, yet fermentation can leave you feeling unsure when you don’t know what to look for. We will go into the details of the science as well as the history behind Miso. Once you learn these in our fully guided session, you will be confident to repeat the process to make your own batch of Miso.
We’d love to take you through how to make the most delicious organic Miso you can imagine. Come along to introduce extra microbes into your gut to reinforce your intestinal flora system!
– Information session to learn the facts of Miso: history, fermentation process, etc.,
– Tasting session to experience the real taste of what you will be making.
: Sasakani Kobo’s original Miso paste tasting (6 varieties), and Miso soup with our original vegan Dashi stock.
– Hands-on Miso making session to learn the actual process (In the workshop, you will be making about 500g of white rice Miso using locally produced organic ingredients).
– Take Home items:
1. Your own Miso paste prepared in a Weck glass jar (580ml) and ready to be matured (for 8 months!!),
2. Printed recipe to make Sasakani Kobo’s original vegan stock & Miso soup,
3. Printed Instructions which cover everything you need to make your own organic Miso paste at home independently.
Date: Sunday, 25th of August
Time: 11am Start (approximately 2.5 hours)
Location: Right here at Wandering Cooks